“The care of the Earth is our most ancient and most worthy, and after all our most pleasing responsibility. To cherish what remains of it and to foster its renewal is our only hope.”
Over the course of the past two decades, Ranchlands has grown from a cattle ranching business to a grass-roots movement that demonstrates how ranching is the most compelling model for landscape-scale conservation in the American West. While our model emphasizes ranch-based entrepreneurial businesses that build flexibility and financial stability as cornerstones for ecological land management, Ranchlands at its core remains a cattle ranching business and way of life, emphasizing open-mindedness, sharing ideas, and building longevity and community by perpetuating our ranching heritage. We believe that creating a profitable business that can support our environmental programs is one of the cornerstones of this successful conservation strategy.
Our efforts are as diverse as they are impactful: We manage 380,000 acres of land in four western states. We train and develop the next generation of land stewards and ranch managers. We provide on-ranch educational events to thousands of students annually, teaching them to understand and respect our natural ecosystems. We host hundreds of guests each year, with whom we share our deep connection to the land and the animals that live here, one experience at a time. We share the story of our journey in ranching to a widening audience around the globe.
While we are proud of these efforts, we know we have only just begun to understand ranching’s stewardship potential and the limitless possibilities for significant, lasting impact across the West.
As we focus on our vision for the future, there is one critical thread that binds Ranchlands together: our people. Without the countless contributions of our friends, supporters, teammates, and partners, Ranchlands would be merely a shadow of its current form. Our community is what empowers us and, most importantly, gives life to the exciting, impactful opportunities we see for the future. It’s only together, with our community, that we can change the world that we live in.
We invite you to be part of this mission, by joining The Ranchlands Collective, an initiative that provides our community the opportunity to connect not just with Ranchlands, but with each other as we steer toward this bright light on the horizon.
The American imagination is full of ideas about ranchers—who we are, who we were. Watch this short film to learn more about how we see ourselves, and the future of ranching in America.
Your membership supports:
- The future of American ranchers.
- Landscape-scale conservation in the American West.
- Environmentally responsible operations in four western states and across 380,000 acres.
- The preservation and stewardship of critical grasslands ecosystems.
- A first-of-its-kind ranch management training program that continues to produce the next generation of agricultural leaders.
- Conservation-focused educational opportunities about ranching for more than 2,000 school children per year.
- The production of grass-fed and grass-finished beef.
- Economic growth and revitalization in the rural West.
- An innovative cohort of outside-the-box thinkers and doers who are devoted to learning, collaborating, and initiating lasting environmental change.
- Access to a growing library of ranching and conservation-related resources.
- An exclusive monthly newsletter featuring essays, videos, and opportunities to interact with the Ranchlands team.
- First access to all Ranchlands events and live podcasts.
- An invitation to an annual Collective summit gathering and various virtual events.
- First access to hospitality opportunities and new Ranchland Mercantile products.